Our topic today delves into how our brain remembers what we learn, in particular the role that retrieval of memory plays in learning.
Jeff Karpicke, a Professor of Psychological Sciences at Purdue University in the United States is an expert on the topic.
The questions are provided so you can skip back and forth to learn more on a specific subject:
- 00:50 - What do you mean when you talk about retrieval in terms of our cognitive ability?
- 03:52 - Does practising retrieving information help with remembering?
- 04:50 - Is there an optimum spacing frequency for retrieval practice?
- 08:07 - Does retrieval lead to a higher quality, or deeper learning?
- 10:11 - Why do you think retrieval practice is under appreciated as a learning strategy?
- 13:04 - How can the principle of retrieval practice help in workplace learning?