Chris Wharton is an experienced illustrator who has worked on hundreds of elearning projects as part of Sponge’s visual design team.
See some of Chris’ work on Instagram: @designbywharton
Read more about design in elearning on the Sponge Blog:
The questions and their times are provided so you can skip back and forth to learn more on a specific subject:
- 00:40 – What are the benefits of using an illustrative approach in your elearning content?
- 01:42 – How important is it to create bespoke illustrations?
- 02:36 – Are there any situations where illustrations aren’t appropriate for elearning?
- 03:42 – Why do you think infographics are so popular in elearning?
- 04:30 – What’s the difference between static illustration and illustration for animation?
- 05:38 – What kind of resources or tools are you using to help succeed as a visual design team?
- 06:19 – What do you need to take into account when illustrating for responsive or mobile courses?
- 07:16 – What kind of skills or specialities make an illustrator particularly suited to elearning?
- 08:02 – How do you think augmented reality (AR) and virtual reality (VR) will change the way illustrators work?