Stella Collins is creative director of Stellar Learning and author of Neuroscience for learning & development. She runs workshops and programmes throughout the UK on how to be a brain friendly trainer and many other subjects.
Our discussion focuses on empathy in learning design and includes topics like learner generated content, storytelling, personalising learning, the learner journey, different approaches to face to face and digital learning and much more.
The questions and their times are provided so you can skip back and forth to learn more on a specific subject:
- 00:34 – Why is empathy important in learning design?
- 01:38 – How does empathy helps our understanding of learners?
- 03:05 – Is there different considerations for face to face training versus digital training
- 04:37 – What effect does it have on the training when you take into account the way learners are feeling when they start the training?
- 06:39 – Have you heard from anyone who's been through your train the trainer process and benefited from the empathy for learners that it promotes?
- 07:49 – Does having training available anytime, anywhere play a role in how successful that training can be?
- 08:40 – Do you think empathy gets overlooked in the design process, and if so, why?
- 10:16 - Do you have any tips or techniques for building empathy into their training?
- 14:18 - what are your views on using gamification to increase engagement with learners?
- 16:46 - Where can people go to find out more about your book Neuroscience for learning and development?
- 17:09 - Are there any final thoughts on empathy in learning design?