Our guest for episode 3 is highly respected instructional designer and author Julie Dirksen, you'll be hearing her views on helping learners to form good habits, how to avoid some common design mistakes and what we can all learn from video game designers.
The second edition of Julie Dirksen's book Design for how people learn is regarded as one of the best starting points for anyone new to instructional design.
Here are the questions asked during the interview with their times for quick reference:
- 00.39 What's changed since you wrote the first edition of the book?
- 05.29 What's the most common mistake that people make when they're designing learning experiences?
- 08.57 What are the neuroscience basics that learning professionals need to know?
- 13.07 What are the skills or knowledge that games can teach us really well?
- 19.24 Is there an example of video in elearning that has definitely got it right?
- 22.50 What are the challenges facing women working in the learning technologies industry?
- 29.00 What are you most excited about when you think of the future of elearning?
Links to the authors and theories discussed in the interview: